We all know that feeling post-Christmas – bloated, groggy and sleepy from all the rich foods. The best thing you can do to help your system is to give it a chance to cleanse and refresh from day before. It is also important to do a good 30 – 60 mins exercise today. Make sure you go for a good walk or sweat session at the gym to push the toxins out of your system.
We have compiled some of our tips and tricks to help cleanse the system post-Christmas fiesta!
- Upon waking – drink 1/2 litre to a litre of water with fresh lemon juice squeezed in it or you can put some Apple cider vinegar in.
- Do some light stretches and deep breathing for 10 minutes to wake your body up.
- Use your dry body brush before getting in the shower or use a good body scrub in the shower. This will help to boost the blood circulation and to move the toxins.
- Make a green smoothie recipe – you can try one of our favorites here.
- Mid-morning – have another litre of warm water with lemon or apple cider vinegar.
- Lunch – Have a light simple salad – try our detoxifying recipe here.
- Afternoon – Make another green smoothie.
- Early evening – drink warm lemon water.
- Dinner – Enjoy a light vegetable soup and if you’re still hungry, have a boiled egg or some mixed nuts.
(image – wikimedia commons)